Romhack.me connects you to ROM Hackers around the world.

trading Pokemon

Hey everyone,

I googled this before posting this and didn't find an answer.
Can I trade Pokemon in Liquid crystal with firered using an emulator? i mean, trading my Pokemons from a firered rom to the liquid crystal using an emulator?

PS: I ask this because I was able to do it with an other not-Pokemon rom.

-Deleted comment.-

Last update on July 13, 5:49 pm by mees.
  likes this.

When trying a Cable Club connection, I get communication error when entering the room, but I'm not sure if that's just because I haven't configured the emulator properly or not.
Liquid Crystal seems to lock up some of the time while the communication error is displayed on Fire Red.

Wireless Club? Well...
If you try to 'Join Group', or 'Become Leader' on Liquid Crystal, the game has an freezes with an unhandled exception.
I think sometimes Fire Red detected it, but it would reset itself every time.

If I Fire Red->Leaf Green over the Wireless Club, it works fine.

So I think you can't trade with Liquid Crystal. Maybe a Liquid Crystal game can trade with Liquid Crystal, but you can't trade with your own save file so somebody that has reached Goldenrod and has a second file that has reached Goldenrod as well will be able to test.

My next test will be to see if Pal Park works.
Just tested. It does show as 'Migrate from FIRERED', but the game jumps back to the intro screen if you press A on it, erroring about the save file.

Last update on July 24, 12:12 am by LuzTeTT.
  likes this.
LuzTeTT said...

When trying a Cable Club connection, I get communication error when entering the room, but I'm not sure if that's just because I haven't configured the emulator properly or not.
Liquid Crystal seems to lock up some of the time while the communication error is displayed on Fire Red.

Wireless Club? Well...
If you try to 'Join Group', or 'Become Leader' on Liquid Crystal, the game has an freezes with an unhandled exception.
I think sometimes Fire Red detected it, but it would reset itself every time.

If I Fire Red->Leaf Green over the Wireless Club, it works fine.

So I think you can't trade with Liquid Crystal. Maybe a Liquid Crystal game can trade with Liquid Crystal, but you can't trade with your own save file so somebody that has reached Goldenrod and has a second file that has reached Goldenrod as well will be able to test.

My next test will be to see if Pal Park works.
Just tested. It does show as 'Migrate from FIRERED', but the game jumps back to the intro screen if you press A on it, erroring about the save file.

I'll take that as a no. Thanks Smile

For 100% clarification:

You can't trade in Pokemon: Liquid Crystal with

• another Liquid Crystal game
  • another Gen III Pokemon game
  • or
  • HeartGold/SoulSilver/Diamond/Pearl/Platinum via Pal Park

My findings based on successes with a standard Fire Red ROM with both Pal Park and trading Pokemon using the 'Wireless Club' on VBA-LINK. Both of which subsequently fail for Liquid Crystal.*

T'is a shame, but it means there is no way to save your Pokemon for transferring to a newer generation Pokemon game.

Liquid Crystal simply crashes, and HeartGold refuses to load the save despite recognizing the 'cart' as Fire Red.*

*All tests done on emulators. The physical alternative would be a Cory-Pokepatched DPPt ROM with a SLOT-2 flashcart loaded with Liquid Crystal to test Pal Park--this will produce the results of above, as the DeSuMe emulator works otherwise fine with a standard Fire Red ROM.
  •   likes this.

and were we can get the important items to evolve?

Last update on October 29, 10:18 pm by tinchomey.